Monday, November 6, 2023

JoY

 After watching Tim's Holiday Hoopla, I'm feeling inspired to make Christmas cards. If you missed the Holiday Hoopla you can watch the replays on his blog. There are two parts to the Hoopla, you can find them here. I made two Christmas cards using the new holiday release and a smaller die from last years release.


I love the effect of the green card. In the steps following you will see the process on the red card as well.

The Base -  I used neenah solar card stock in white 110lbs. It's sturdy enough to hold all the layers.

It's all in the layers -  Distress watercolour card stock as a base. Die cut layered stripes using the top layer and base. For the green card I blended rustic wilderness over the stripes. I wanted more of a sharper look so I swiped the ink pad across the stripes. I did the same with the red card using lumberjack plaid.


Big tidings die is perfect for making simple cards. Using watercolour card stock, distress oxide in mowed lawn, I created an ombre effect, leaving white space at the top. Next using multi level texture fades in holiday knit, giving the saying texture, then swipe distress archival ink in rustic wilderness over top. I did the same for the red card using distress oxide in festive berries and distress archival ink in fired brick.


The finishing touch -  I used the snowflake from Twig and Stump, with a pop up square for dimension.


I highly recommend watching Tim's Holiday Hoopla, and hope you feel inspired.

Christina 







3 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, I loved the green one on Insta but red is just gorgeous (my colour). I hope Blogger lets me leave this comment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, thank you for your lovely comment. I'm just getting used to blogger, but I do appreciate you visiting my blog. xxx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Be Awesome Today

 With Mother's day fast approaching, I made a detailed ATC (artist trading card) for my mom. I chose it for the size 2-1/2 x 3-1/2. It&#...