Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Warm & Cozy

 Just spending some time with my Gnomies - lol 


I saw this stamp set at my local craft store, Scrapendipity and had to have it. I've always loved gnomes, they seem to have a calm and quiet demeanor. 

I made a fun and cozy card using this set from Woodware Craft Collection, FRS1004 Cozy Gnome Jumper.


Starting with neenah solar 80lb card stock, emboss with Eileen Hull/Sizzix 3D texture impressions Sweater. Then die cut with Tim Holtz/Sizzix layered stripes, to cut the background to desired size.

Fun Fact: Did you know when you emboss a 3D background first, then die cut it after, it looses apart of it's texture? I tried it with the layered stripes and it wasn't the look I was trying to achieve. So in the scrap sample basket it goes, for future makes.

So, back to the 3D sweater background. Adhere to bigger size card stock and machine stitch a border, leaving loose threads at the corners.

Using TH distress watercolour card stock, and Memento ink in tuxedo black, stamp the Gnome. 
Another fun fact: using distress archival ink gives you a lighter image from the cling stamp, and if you want a more crispy look use a ink with more "juice".

Ok, back to the stamped image. I used a variety of Tim's distress watercolour pencil crayons, without blending them with water. They give a nice tooth to the paper and blend like butter.

Next I added the 3 stars at the bottom with tuxedo black Memento ink, directly to the textured surface and stamped the saying in TH distress embossing ink on kraft stock blackout, then heat set with Ranger embossing powder in white, with my trusty Ranger handle It tool.


Using pop up squares, for added dimension, giving the card a nice finishing touch.

Thnx for visiting, and I hope this leaves you feeling inspired.

Christina 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Awesome Today

 With Mother's day fast approaching, I made a detailed ATC (artist trading card) for my mom. I chose it for the size 2-1/2 x 3-1/2. It&#...