Sunday, November 19, 2023

Rustic Winter

 Creating a simple Christmas card, using  Tim's/Stampers Anonymous Christmas stamp sets cms476 Winter Woodlands and Stamptember 2023. What I love about these stamps so much is how easy they are to mix and match. This is the card I came up with.



The Base

I like to use neenah solar card stock 110 lbs. It's sturdy enough to hold layers of card stock and embellishments on any card. Using it as a full base for any card.
Using distress watercolour card stock as a base, smoosh distress ink and oxide in pumice stone on craft mat, spritzing with water and heat setting between layers, till desired effect. 


It's all in the layers

cms476 Winter Woodland background stamp is perfect for this card base. Stamped using distress archival in ground espresso, letting it fade onto the base as the first layer. Next stamp the tree off to the side and overlapping the background with distress archival in forest moss and peeled paint. The bottom of the tree in ground espresso.


Finishing touches

Next I chose a saying from this years Stamptember2023 set. let it snow. let it snow. let it snow. and the snowflakes in distress archival ground espresso. Then for an additional final touch I popped up a square from the background stamp, using the 3D texture fades wood grain and distress archival inks in vintage photo and ground espresso to make the image stand out. 


I just love how easy it is to mix and match Tim's stamps, the possibilities are endless.


Hope this leaves you feeling inspired.

Christina












No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Awesome Today

 With Mother's day fast approaching, I made a detailed ATC (artist trading card) for my mom. I chose it for the size 2-1/2 x 3-1/2. It&#...