Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Wishes

 Creating a non traditional Christmas card or can be made for any occasion. Using the ever popular stamp from Tim and Stampers Anonymous, the inspector. I knew the moment I got this stamp set, what great inspiration would come from it. 

I made a mini slimline card.


The base

Mixed media heavy stock as the base. "Smooshed" into distress ink pumice stone. Heat setting between layers. 




It's all in the layers

Create a mask by stamping the dial from cms465 the inspector in distress archival black soot onto copy paper and fussy cut. First stamp the dial on the background, then temporarily adhere mask over top, then stamp those funky letters on the top and bottom of background in distress archival ground espresso.


The Inspectors hat is stamped in distress archival dusty concord and ground espresso. His glasses stamped in dusty concord and coloured with distress watercolour pencil crayon in villanous potion. Used an eraser for hi lights. Next fussy cut the hat and glasses and adhere with pop ups to card.


Finishing touches 

For the word "wishes" I used one of Tim's older Sizzix dies holiday words: blocks (retired), using the positive letters on purple kraft stock.


Next I machine stitched on either side of the word "wishes" with cream thread, leaving loose threads at the corners.


Blend distress ink in walnut stain around the edges of card. (this is my go to for blending the edges of my makes) Then I added distress archival in ground espresso, by swiping it around the edges of the tag for added dimension.


This was a really fun card to make. 


I hope you enjoyed the process as much as I did making it. The possibilities are endless.

Christina 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Awesome Today

 With Mother's day fast approaching, I made a detailed ATC (artist trading card) for my mom. I chose it for the size 2-1/2 x 3-1/2. It&#...